Thursday, October 12, 2006

After an unsuccessful attempt to install Nero 7.0 in Vista RC2

I tried to install Nero 7.0 in a compatible mode(xp sp2) but unfortunately it failed to install.I tried again but the result was very much the same.But after this unsucessful attempt I found the unwanted entry of Nero under the Uninstall or Change a program.I tried to remove this annoying entry through the registry:-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall and removed the unwanted Nero key under "Uninstall."
I restarted Vista but it still remained as it was.
Now I tried Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and it successfully removed the annoying entry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

[Windows Installer CleanUp utility is now availabe for Windows Vista]

No comments: